Oh Canada

Jul 1, 2011


Today is a very important day.
Today my beautiful country celebrates its birthday! Happy Canada Day to all of my fellow Canadians both at home and abroad.
Growing up I never thought much of the fact that I was Canadian. It was where I had been born and raised but I didn't think it was all that special. After a vast amount of traveling and a little bit of maturing, I've realized what most young adults do at some point... childhood me knew nothing.
I realize now how truly blessed I am to have been born in a country that is so vast, beautiful, and provides me so much freedom. It's safe here, and people say "Hi!" as they walk by. We love hockey, a certain brand of coffee, and we've learnt to deal with harsh winters. I've seen the world and many amazing places, but this place will always be my home.
I love you Canada! Happy Birthday!


Maple the Moose joined me on many of my adventures around the world, and he thinks Canada is a pretty cool place too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!